Antioxidants for Horses
What is Melox?
Melox is a scientifically balanced blend of antioxidants to support horses undergoing oxidative stress induced by intense exercise or immune challenge. It contains dried melon fruit rich in superoxide dismutase (SOD), natural-source vitamin E, vitamin C & pure organic selenium. Melox helps to:
- Protect tissues from free-radical oxidant damage during oxidative stress, injury or illness.
- Reduce muscle and cell membrane damage during intense exercise.
- Improve semen quality and quantity
- Stimulate production of primary antioxidants
- Stimulate horses’natural defenses and helps to maintain a healthy immune system.
Directions for Use
Horses: 2 scoops per day
Ponies: 1 scoop per day
The amount can be doubled prior to strenuous exercise and during times of high stress or immune challenge. Melox can be used on a daily basis in senior horses to provide extra nutritional requirements.
Best results are obtained when used as part of a diet with correct mineral balance. Can be fed in conjunction with multi-vitamin and mineral supplements such as Equine Vit&Min. Can be fed with mineral-fortified bagged feeds. This product contains selenium. Do not exceed the stated dose and frequency. Do not use at the same time as any other selenite fertiliser, prill or product without consulting a veterinarian. If blood selenium levels are high this product should not be used. Always ensure horses have access to fresh, clean water and a source of free choice salt.
Melox does not contain substances prohibited by the rules of racing and FEI competitions.